Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wake up!- An introduction‏

So here is where we get real. I want to be honest with my readers and let them know they are not alone so before I begin my new series "Wake up!" I would like to give a short introduction.

Up until a few years ago I was one in the same with most people. I believed what I saw on the news and thought I knew everything. Yes, I have always liked to prep, but I had no more reason behind it than swine flu or a stray hurricane. After getting interested in politics and what I thought was "really going on in the world" I found out about a fella named Obama.

Like a god, he gave strong, moving, speeches. He made the youth rise up to take their place. Change! We demanded. It's time to abolish the ways of the old and let the young decide. Our bodies, our minds, our time. Oh, but how easily I (and some of you) were deceived. We had forgotten another man who had the same idea; to set the youth on fire. That man was Adolph Hitler, and you know how that turned out. But to return to my story, I stuffed envelopes for his campaign, I answered the phone at his local office, all while thinking I was doing something big. I thought women had the right to choose, guns killed people, and religion was a joke.

I was wrong, way wrong.

And I was asleep. But now I'm not. I am still learning and searching more everyday. And aren't we all asleep to the ways of the world sometime in our lives? We are sure there is an Easter bunny until we see mom sneaking around with the brightly colored eggs. We know there is no God until we see a miracle. We walk in darkness not knowing it's as simple as reaching up for the switch.

So, as we go on this journey of waking up let's remember that the point is not to make people who don't know or won't believe what's going on feel stupid. Its to shed some light and wake them up. And while some of these issues may seem controversial or let's face it, like conspiracy theories, I ask you to keep your minds open. Do your own research and decide what you believe. I'm by no means an expert but I will tell you this, a close friend once told me "the only stupid questions are those that don't get asked." So don't we owe it to ourselves to ask some hard questions even if the answers scare us? I for one, don't want to be left saying "why didn't I?" or "how did I not see that coming?" So let's all of us, just reach up and flip the light.

Ignorance is not a sin but complacency is!
prepgirl

And PS, all that stuff Obama said about change is true. The second we stop thinking "I'm just one person" and come together we can make a difference. Your first assignment is to find a copy of the Declaration of Independence and see what our founding fathers had to say about abolishing a government that has gotten out of hand. Let me know what you think in the comment area below. Or email me at prepgirl7@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment