Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guy Fawkes masks at occupy wall street?

I am not going to do a huge piece on the occupy wall street movement for a few reasons. Firstly, Prepper Logic is doing a show about it this Friday and they are friends. So while they would likely be open, and even encouraging to the coverage competition, I am not going to be stepping on anyone's toes, let alone friend's toes. Secondly, I have a difficult time out and out "dissing" (for lack of a better term) a group which is so mixed. Yes there are those neo-hippies sitting half naked in drum circles, and stupid people who instead of working hard would rather have all the money put into one big pot and then split up among the people, but there are also some people out there who have some decent ideas. And even if this movement is being funded by some extremely left wing groups, the ideas and demands that these protesters have span the spectrum. Dissecting this group would take so long that no one would be reading by the end. So instead I have decided to just write on whatever I see that interests me. So, that said, check out my next blog coming up tomorrow. I am going to discuss some of the fashion trends swirling around occupy wall street. More specifically the Guy Fawkes mask everyone seems to be wearing. We will discuss what they think they stand for, and what they are actually symbolize.
Pay attention to what you see,
prepgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment