Sunday, October 23, 2011

Don't miss tonight's episode of Prepping Now!

Tonight's episode of Prepping Now on the Prepper Broadcasting Network is sure to be entertaining, thought provoking, and a learning experience! If you are new to financial issues or an old pro this episode is for you. I am so excited to have TheLordHumungus on as an expert guest. If you don't know of TheLordHumungus (aka Eric), then I urge you to check out his You Tube page. He has some great thoughts about not only financial issues, but also prepping, and urban homesteading. While I am trying to become more aware of our current economic status (and MY economic status) I am still a newbie for lack of a better term. While watching Eric's videos though, I have learned a lot and the videos have urged me to do more research. I hope they will do the same for you.

I will add another post later to add anything we mention on the show in case you want to do some research yourself but until then I am going to include some information I think will be helpful.

From: TheLordHumungus   

Fiat Money- Any currency system which only has value because the government regulates it as such. For example, if I had an town which I was the mayor of and I said "from now on, only these little squares of paper are to be used for buying or selling" that would be an example of fiat money, and in case that sounds a bit familiar, that's because it is. Both the American dollar and Euro are forms of Fiat currency.

The Federal Reserve- Just check it out here, it's such a large subject, I can't begin now, but we will tonight!
Hope to see you there,
prepgirl 


NOTES FROM AFTER THE SHOW
The show was awesome, thanks to TheLordHumungus and those in the live chat. If you missed it, listen to a playback below. Also, I have included some of the sites that Eric gave us for increasing our financial knowledge base!


Crash Proof 2.0 by Peter Schiff -He also has a You Tube page. 


The Secret of Oz, you can find it on You Tube but I am not going to recommend any particular post due to copyright issues.


Listen to internet radio with PrepperBroadcastingNetwork on Blog Talk Radio


Thanks,
prepgirl
 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome show! If you missed it, you didn't miss out, I will post the playback tomorrow! Thanks so much to Eric, you were a great guest I would love to have you back some time and I'm sure my listeners would say the same!

    ReplyDelete